Sunday, November 9, 2008

It's Snowing!!!

It's snowing outside and I'm busy baking inside. Ahhh, winter is finally here. I made brownies tonight and the smell combined with the cold view outside the windows is making me feel nostalgic. I guess the combo takes me back home to the farm.

Here's our family recipe for Never Fail Brownies if you want to try and create a little winter magic in your house.

Never Fail Brownies
These are the best, easiest, quickest to make brownies ever! We have been making them in our family for about 25 years and they always turn out tender and chewy in the middle with just the right amount of crust on top. I always double the recipe!

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 cup nuts (optional)
Directions
1. Cream together butter and sugar.
2. Blend in eggs.
3. Mix in salt and vanilla.
4. Blend in flour, cocoa and nuts.
5. Mix until just blended.
6. Pour into a 8x8" pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

No comments: