I saw this party write-up on Hostess with the Mostess today. I lurve this idea; it makes me wish that I was a man so that I could have a Grumpy Old Man Party.
A Grumpy Old Woman Party just wouldn't be the same. Let's compare possible itineraries...
Grumpy Old Men (this was the original party-goers itinerary)
- get up really early
- put on awesome old men clothes
- go to a donut shop and read the newspaper
- go longboarding
- work on the car
- breakfast at the local diner
- 18 holes of golf
- lunch at the clubhouse; plus whiskey and pipe smoking
- shenanigans in the parking lot (likely thanks to the whiskey)
- jacuzzi time
- swim racing (even grumpy old men need to compete)
- BBQ for an early supper
- drinks at the local dive bar
- wake up early
- get dressed in old woman clothes
- grab huge purse and head to the beauty salon for a "set"
- gossip while getting hair did
- go out to a pancake house for breakfast and coffee
- gossip while having breakfast
- head to a watercolor class (which could actually be fun. Anyone heard of watercolor nudes???)
- light lunch and complaining contest (mostly cocktails LOL)
- bargain shopping (everyone would have to pull a metal cart behind them and would only have a certain amount of money to spend; who could do it the best)
- relaxation time (pedicures at the spa; let's get those corns looked after)
- supper at a swanky restaurant where we laugh uproariously and have no verbal filter
- drinks at a blue collar pub; where we can harass all the men for a change
What ideas do you have for activities??? I just might have to throw one of these parties, so throw the ideas my way!