Monday, June 1, 2009

I'm Here

It would seem that I haven't been keeping up my posting lately. Hopefully you can forgive me. I took some "me time" on the weekend and went to visit my sister. It was so nice to get away and have some time to hear my own thoughts and unwind. We wandered aimlessly around some shops which was unusual for me. My shopping life now consists of running into and out of stores, make that as few stores as possible, racing down the aisles while trying to keep the little ones from pulling out each others hair, and dodging the toy aisles as much as possible. Not exactly a relaxing or enjoyable experience.

I got to try on clothes. By myself in a changing room. Amazing! And I even found some that fit this post baby body, even more amazing! It's so nice to have decent clothes in the closet again instead of schlepping around in things that I wear because they fit, they all go together and they are quick and easy to put on. Oh, and covered in drool, snot, and food stains. I'm slowly starting to feel like myself again.

It was such a beautiful day on Saturday that we decided to go and play golf. Much hilarity occurred. Well, on my part anyway. Let me just say, the LPGA has nothing on me LOL! It was good times. Followed by a few drinks. In a lounge, not while lounging on my couch after all the kids are finally in bed for the night. They were fun drinks, not sanity saver drinks, if you know what I mean...

Sunday I slept in. Past 8:30. It was like being young again. Anyway, all in all, an excellent weekend. I think I'll be there again next weekend Heather!

No comments: