- Describe parts of her thesis using interpretive dance
- "You call THAT a question? How the hell did they make you a professor?"
- Group prayer
- Sell T-shirts to recoup the cost of copying, binding, etc.
- Hold a sex toy party
- "In protest of our government's systematic and brutal opression of minorities..."
- "Anybody else as drunk as I am?"
- Use a Super Soaker to point at people
- "Please phrase your question in the form of an answer..."
- Present her entire talk in iambic pentameter.
- "Which reminds me of a story - A Black guy, a Chinese guy, and a Jew walked into a bar..."
- Leave Jehovah's Witness pamphlets scattered about.
- "There will be a short quiz after my presentation..."
- "OK - which one of you farted?"
- Post signs: "Due to a computer error at the Registrar's Office, the original room is not available, and the defense has been relocated to (Made-up non-existent room number)"
- Make each professor remove an item of clothing for each question he asks.
- "I'm sorry Professor Smith, I didn't say 'SIMON SAYS any questions?'. You're out."
- Show slides of her last vacation.
- Put her powerpoint on a film strip. Designate a professor to be in charge of turning the strip when the tape recording beeps.
- Call her advisor "sweetie".
- Have everyone pose for a group photo.
- Answer every question with a question.
Thursday, November 5, 2009
My Sister is Officially a Brainiac
Well, my sister had her thesis defence yesterday (which she passed; YAY Heather!!!) and here is a list of things that I'm glad that she didn't do/say...