Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Baking


The other day I made 4 dozen banana muffins. Every time I bake I remember how much I enjoy it but it's something that doesn't happen too much around here anymore. Plus, it's so nice to have tasty healthy treats in the freezer that just need to be warmed up and, Voila!, just like fresh. So I've decided that I need to bake something everyday for 7 days. Then my freezer will be stocked with treats for lazy days, company, or to take to the cabin. So, to make myself accountable I will post a picture of what I made and the recipe.

Here's my baking wish list...
  • chocolate chip cookies
  • corn muffins
  • foccacia rounds
  • mini bread loaves
  • rhubarb muffins
  • brownies
  • cherry cream freeze
  • rhubarb piroshly

Banana Sour Cream Bread
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 3 cups white sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 6 very ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 teaspoons baking soda
  • 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease four 7x3 inch loaf pans. In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Dust pans lightly with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
  2. In a large bowl, cream butter and 3 cups sugar. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix in salt, baking soda and flour. Stir in nuts. Divide into prepared pans.
  3. Bake for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. If making muffins bake for approx 22 minutes.

No comments: