This salad is super quick, thanks to canned lentils, and really yummy! It's quick, healthy and tasty; you won't be disappointed.
Quick Lentil Salad
- 1 large can of lentils; rinsed and drained
- half of an english cucumber; cut into small cubes
- 2 or 3 roma tomatoes; cubed
- 1/2 cup of sliced black olives; or to your taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
- lemon juice
-salt and pepper
- greek spice (optional)
(you could add cubed red pepper and red onion if you wish)
- Add all ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with approx. 1 tbsp of olive oil and 2 Tbsp lemon juice. Season with salt, pepper and greek spice.
-This salad can be eaten right away or it will keep in the refrigerator for several days.
I made a bowl of this a few weeks ago and took it to work where it fed me for several days worth of lunch. I made another one tonight and Mikah LURVED it! Try it, you'll thank me!