Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ground Beef... Blah.

After the baking this afternoon, followed by lots of cuddling of Lukas, it was almost supper time. Gah!!! Where did the time go? What was I going to make for supper considering that I hadn't taken anything out of the freezer. Ground beef was going to save the day, but the thought made me kind of sick. I really don't like ground beef and needed to do something other than spaghetti sauce, meatballs or hamburgers. Hmm, what else did I have? Rice and cauliflower. I just might be able to do something with this.

Curried Cauliflower Casserole
2 cups cooked rice
1 lb. ground beef
2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp corriander
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 med. diced onion
1 small head cauliflower
1/2 pt. sour cream
Salt & pepper to taste

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook rice so that you have 2 cups of cooked rice.
- Saute beef and onion . Salt and pepper lightly. Add curry powder, corriander and turmeric.
- Steam cauliflower until tender, but not over cooked.
- Take a casserole dich and mix beef, rice and cauliflower. Layer sour cream over top.
-Bake for 25 minutes.

~I think it would be even better if topped with plain yogurt instead of sour cream but it was still pretty darn good. Alek didn't even complain about the cauliflower, and they all loved the spice.~

No comments: