Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Truth

Well, I've been tempted to lie about all of the baking that I've done, but they say that there is freedom in telling the truth so here it is...

I haven't baked a single thing since the banana muffins.

Hmm, I do feel a little better after admitting that. I've been too busy; it's been too hot; the kids drive me too crazy; the kitchen hasn't been clean enough; there's been too much laundry to do; blah blah, blah.

Eventually I'm just going to have to accept the fact that even when I try my hardest I am not super human. I must be a slow learner because that point is driven home to me every day and I haven't quite gotten it yet. Even after saying it out loud on here, there is still a part of me that doesn't believe it.

If I would just try a little harder I could accomplish so much more. Stupid self thoughts.

No comments: