Saturday, April 25, 2009

For the Love of a Great Movie

Tonight I was feeling at loose ends.

This afternoon I was laying down with Mikah trying to convince him to have a nap. One minute we were laying there, and the next I was opening my eyes to find his had closed. Then I was in the midst a most wonderfully strange dream. I can't remember what it was about; maybe a cruise??? Which is strange because I have never had the desire to go on one. But, it was enjoyable in any case. We slept the afternoon away the two of us, cuddled in a blanket cocoon. I must have really needed it because I never nap; unless I have the flu, which I don't (knock on wood).

After such a lazy day, I have been wandering the house unsure of what to do. I always feel that way when I haven't gone outside or accomplished much during the day. While I was trying to decide what to do, I sat down on the couch and turned on the TV. And, surprise, one of my favorite shows of all time is on. Love Actually. So it was decided, make some chili-lime popcorn and hunker down on the couch to watch the movie. Don't you just love it when your favorite show is just randomly on TV, and you luck out and turn it on just as it's about to start instead of when it's ending? So I've been sitting here smiling my way through the movie. I just love it. The tenderness of the movie speaks to me; possibly because I guard mine so closely. The movie brightens my day and lightens my overall outlook on life and humankind.

Here's a map that I found that shows the connection between the characters on Love Actually. I don't mind admitting that I'm still slightly confused.



No comments: