Friday, September 25, 2009

Oatmeal Pancakes

I tried out a new recipe this morning. New to me anyway. It was just one of those mornings where there was nothing that I wanted to eat. The kids just have to go with whatever whim I am having, Hahaha! Thanks to my trusty allrecipes.com we whipped this up and it was really good. I added a mashed banana, but it would be better if you had at least 3 bananas. And some coconut syrup... mmmm. If only I knew someone who lived in Hawaii...


Oatmeal Pancakes
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup quick cooking oats
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups buttermilk (I just used regular because that was all that I had)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 eggs, beaten

  • Pour the oatmeal and the milk into a bowl. Let it sit for about 10 minutes to soften the oatmeal.
  • Add in the beaten eggs, oil, and vanilla. Stir good with a whisk.
  • Add in the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk good.
  • Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
Hmm, some crushed walnuts would also be awesome in this. I must try that next time.

No comments: