Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Busy Busy Bee

Yep, that's me LOL!

Man, has it been crazy around here. Alek started back to school (grade 3), and the kids where I teach all came back for the regular school year as well. I'm teaching 5 pull-out academic classes this year instead of the 2 that I taught lat year. It's going to be fun, but is so much work figuring out where everyone is at, what they know, and how I am going to program for them all. I still don't have it figured out and they've been back since Tuesday, but shhhh don't tell. On top of that, I now have to work Fridays as well. So long 3 day weekends. Hopefully that will work out OK, but I'm feeling very worried at this point. Fridays were my day to play catch up around the house and I'm not sure how we'll fare now. Cross your fingers for me!

Our slipper business has also kicked back into high gear. We have a big sale this weekend and decided that we needed to revamp our brand as well as sew, sew, sew slippers. What a royal pain in the ass it has been messing around with the bag tags and the business cards! For some reason they just didn't want to work out. So, I've been up until 1am for the last few nights tweaking the design. And by George, I think I've finally figured it out! Now to just get my slippers finished...

the boys are all doing great. Growing, growing, growing! I guess I'd better get used to that, soon they will all be bigger than me which is a frightening thought. Lukas is 16 months and already has 4 words (besides mom, dad and Alee); this, there, hi and dance. Dance is new. He LURVES to shake it!

And I almost forgot the biggest news of all!!!

After a year away, our cat came back. I accidentally left him outside last September and he disappeared. We weren't able to find him anywhere. Alek loves Whiskers more than life itself and has asked about him every. single. day. for a year. No lie. Every. Single. Day. Out of the blue last Wednesday morning as I was desperately trying to get all the kids and my luggage loaded in the van to take us to school/babysitter/work, who sauntered through the door? Whiskers. After a year! He didn't call, he didn't write... But I had written him off, not that I told Alek that of course. Stupid cat. And now we have 3 boys madly in love with one hairy, smelly, ungrateful cat. Sigh.

On that note, I shall leave you with this tune. This one's for you Whiskers...


No comments: