Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Random Thoughts From A Tired Mammma

Mikah woke me up at 5:30 this morning and Lukas at 6:00; such an awesome start to the second day of holidays. Mikah is quite sick with another cold though so I can't be too mad at him. He looks sick too, so that makes it alittle easier to deal with his super bad behaviour as well. Well, maybe only a bit easier.

Of course this is the pre-Christmas rush as well, so I have tons to do around here and not much time to get it all finished. I'm stressed and that makes me a less than stellar mommy. Does a good mommy lock her kids out of the kitchen, then crank the music to drown out their fighting and whinning while she tries to get some Christmas baking done? Somehow I managed to drown them out enough to have these random thoughts while rolling cookies:

  • Drinking alone shouldn't be such a bad thing; it would be amuch better idea than encouraging your kids to drink with you.
  • I wonder where the cat is living. I wonder why I care.
  • What ever happened to Uncle Kracker? I should download some of his music.
  • I wish foam wreath forms weren't so darned expensive.
  • Maybe I should watch The Sound of Music sometime. I can't believe that I've never seen it. I wonder if I'm the only one?
  • Crap, I forgot about the van full of stuff that I have to take to second hand!
  • I wonder if Alek will recognize Santa's wrapping paper after he saw it in the back of the van?
  • God I need a drink.
  • I really have to stop saying "shut up" all the time. And I have to stop smiling when Lukas says it. Not good parenting behaviour.
  • I should download Love Actually to watch tonight while I'm wrapping presents.
  • I hate wrapping presents!
  • What was I going to use my glue gun for? Why did I take it out?
  • When I make our Chrismas Eve Clam Chowder I should laddle some aside for Laura before I add the clams. Why have I never thought of this?
  • I'm not sure I can manage spin class. I might really die.
  • Why won't they shut up and play nice together? Will it ever happen while they are still living under my roof?

No comments: