Friday, August 22, 2008

Fall Into Fun

The Fall Leisure Guide is here! The Fall Leisure Guide is here!!!


Am I the only one who awaits the seasonal Leisure Guides like kids await the Wishbook? I don't look at it the moment it comes either. I let it keep for awhile until I have a nice quiet moment to savour it and dream of the possibilities that it contains. This time when the kids were in bed (and asleep, I checked) I made a cup of Epicure Cocoa and curled up on the couch with the Guide, a pen, a blanket and the cocoa. I read and circled for at least an hour. Then I repeated the process at the kitchen table the next morning substituting cocoa for coffee, just in case I missed something.

This Guide is full of new activities too which is so nice. Last year, thanks to my work schedule, there were no extra activities being enjoyed but I vow to change that this year. The kids need a couple of things to do to keep challenging them and tire them out. And I need some "me time" activities as well, where I can escape for even an hour and re-charge.

So... here are my highlights. It will be interesting to see which ones make the final cut.
  • swimming lessons (Alek and Mikah)
  • Homemade pasta cooking class (it might encourage me to use my pasta machine)
  • Pilates (community association is offering this. I've been dying to try it but balk at paying the price at the pilates studio. Can't go wrong with $40 for 8 weeks)
  • Learn to play Mah Jong (I brought a set back form Hong Kong but haven't been able to find anyone who can teach me.)
  • Art Adventures (to help encourage Alek to draw other things besides Medieval scenes and Star Wars)
  • Pilates on the Ball (I can use all the help I can get)
  • Tae Kwon Do (for Alek. Enough said)

No comments: