Tuesday, August 12, 2008

OMG!

I am beyond tired. The last 2 nights I have baked 4 - 14" round cakes for a wedding cake that I'm making for this Saturday. Each round takes 2 batches of batter. I am so exhausted and I swear that I am never doing this again. Plus, I had decided that this time I was going to make my own fondant. So far it's easy but it's just one more thing to do.

Why do I think that I enjoy doing this??? Hmm, maybe because the last time I did one I only had 1 kid and he could fend for himself most of the time. 3 kids (and 2 babies) makes everything so much harder. I told both Lev and my sister to remind me next time I'm asked to make a wedding cake that I am never doing this again. They both laughed. Hmm...

However, now it's late and I'm laying back on the couch polishing off the rest of the magnum of champagne that I used for the cakes.

Love champagne. Love the couch. Love silence. Heck, I even love the cake scraps, which is a good thing I guess.

No comments: