Friday, September 12, 2008

I've Been Cooking Again

I don't know about everyone else but we seem to eat the same thing (or some variation of it) way too often. I have definitely been in a cooking funk for the last few months. So, thanks to various weekly emailed menu plans, and the crock pot ladies blog, and allrecipes.com, I've set about to try to shake it up a bit in the kitchen. So far I've had quite a few winners and one big loser.

Here's the big loser. I don't honestly know what made me try this recipe but I was a woman possessed. I HAD to try it. I was so sure that it would be delicious. God, I was so wrong. It should have been a clue that anyone who heard about it looked sick and then asked me if I was pregnant again.




It. Was. Not. Good.




Now here are some of the winners...


This was delicious. So good that I wish I could make some again right now. Lev ate the leftovers and I was mad. But I'm over it. Sort of :)


I didn't use any chicken and I substituted mild italian sausage for chorizo.










This turned out great. Alek picked out the olives and tomatoes though. Mikah ate it all.
I couldn't find any omitted green olives so I didn't add those and we were out of capers so those were also omitted from the recipe. I made a side of orzo to serve with this. The only thing I would do differently is add some chicken stock so that there would be a bit more sauce to eat with noodles.
The other recipe I made was Souvlaki Meatballs. I made this one up. I made pork and beef greek seasoned meatballs and then baked them in a souvlaki sauce. They were eaten in warm flatbread with tzatziki sauce. The recipe turned out just the way I imagined it would and I'm happy that I made lots so we have 2 frozen bags in the freezer.
Edited to say... stupid formatting. It just doesn't want to line up correctly.

No comments: