Friday, February 27, 2009

Planning Meals

I don't know about everyone else but I seem to be unable to plan a weeks worth of meals. It's so hard for some reason. I've attempted to do it quite a few times, but never seem to get past the planning stage. Maybe it's because I try to do too much and get carried away planning all of the glorious meals that we will have instead of sticking with the basics. But damn, I'm so tired of the basics! Here's something I ran across last night when I should have been sleeping...



I bit the bullet this morning and downloaded it. And... it looks fabulous! The program lays everything out for you, it even tells you how you should have your pantry organized. Sweet! It gives you 20 weeks of menus, all the recipes, and the shopping lists. The shopping lists are even divided into things you will have to buy and things that you should have on hand already. And, the recipes are fancy enough to please me, but look quick and easy to prepare. Yay!

Here are a few that look good to me...
  • Sweet Chili Chicken
  • Honey Beef
  • Vietnamese Chicken & Veg Salad
  • Potato & Bacon Fritata
  • Lemon Lamb Chops (but I'll use pork chops)
  • Chutney Drumsticks
  • Snapper & Balsamic Veg
  • Chicken & Lemon Veg
  • Hawaiian Pizza Mini Muffins

That is just a sampling! So many of the recipes look great AND there is no overlap of recipes in any of the menus which is nice. Quite a few people have been emailing me about the recipes that I post on here so I thought this Menu In A Box might appeal to them as well. I'll update in a few days after we have tried some of the recipes. Now I just have to decide which menu to pick first. Here's hoping that this time I can make it past the planning stage!

If anyone else buys this let me know what you are starting with and what you think of the recipes. (Just click on the link above to go to her website).

2 comments:

Glenys said...

did you really purchase this? Is it worth the price - that's what i need to know. GC

Barb said...

I did. It is.