Friday, May 8, 2009

Pattern Solution

I've been busy organizing my new craft space (in my mind at least), and have been having trouble figuring out how/where to organize all of my sewing patterns and ideas. I'm forever downloading awesome ideas to use/make someday and then they get filed haphazardly in a box.
Do I remember where I've put them? No. Do I remember what I have? No. Do all of the pages get lost? Yes. This is a very annoying problem.

I had been thinking that a filing system would be my only option. But, I wasn't thrilled about that. It doesn't seem to work so well in the classroom for all of my teaching supplies; I still never know what I have tucked away in there. I've often thought about cataloguing everything, but honestly, I would rather die. Hmm, so then I thought about my recipe box. Maybe I could do something like that where all of my patterns and ideas weren't tucked away. This might make them seem more accessible. But how, and where would I store all of this stuff? How would it stay organized? Would each packet be clipped together? Then the clips would become tangled, and I wouldn't want to look for anything. Maybe not.

But then, ah ha! Binders. Yes, binders would work marvelously! The binders could be organized by subject; kids, sewing, outlines, paper crafts, decorating crafts, etc. Each project could be placed in the binder in a plastic sleeve (where the top zips closed). It would be so easy to flip through. Like looking in a custom magazine that only showcases projects that I would want to do! Yep, I'm a genius.

All this thought and the room hasn't even been cleaned out yet. That is this weekends project. And I still have to figure out what I'm going to use for tables. I haven't found the perfect ones yet. But, I have hope.

No comments: