Saturday, December 13, 2008

Fa la la la la, blah blah blah

I am having a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit this year. Usually by now I have most gifts bought and have revised my holiday gift list (for others) at least 15 times. This year it hasn't even been fully completed! I have absolutely no idea what to even buy some people, which is stressing me out!

I normally try to give some gifts that are homemade, mostly because I love crafting and cooking and I really appreciate getting handmade gifts that come from the heart. This year is going to be tough! Every time I get the kitchen ready to cook something a tornado comes through and the project gets put off for another day. Which has yet to happen. I have a project partially started for the girls on my list but it's been sitting in the same bag for 2 months now and they are no closer to being completed. I broke down and bought some more material yesterday hoping that would spur me into action but, alas, it has not. I am slowly beginning to realize that it's not due to a lack of desire that I can't get anything accomplished, but simply, a lack of time and energy. We don't have out tree up (usually happens first weekend in December); I haven't done any baking; most gifts are not bought; Alek hasn't written or sent a Santa letter; there is no Santa picture of the boys; there is basically no sign around here that shows that Christmas is anywhere near. It's looking pretty bleak.

No comments: