The grandparents came, loaded up my 2 oldest and drove of with them for the week. Lukas, Lev and I have to fend for ourselves this week. Whatever shall we do??? How will we fill the time??? Hopefully Lukas won't take it upon himself to try and fill the gap that Mikah has left.
Hmm, it's not looking too promising though. I just went to rescue him from the Christmas tree and by the time I turned around he was already speeding across the living room for my laptop. Ah, Mikah's little grasshopper has learned well. Mikah should be so proud.
I actually have a huge list of things that need to get accomplished this week while the kids are away. I love lists and can't seem to get by without them in life. So, here's my list in no particular order...
- hang up the new TV
- figure out what kind of TV programming we are going to go with
- find a dresser to refurbish for an entertainment unit
- refurbish said dresser
- fold the mountain of clean laundry
- actually put away the folded laundry
- keep sorting out and storing clothes that are too small
- clean out toy room
- assemble all toys in the house and purge
- clean laundry room
- figure out a new storage solution for the laundry room
- separate the kids toys
- clean Alek's room
- organize toys
- set up computer in Alek's room???
- assemble all the household furniture/items that we want to sell/give away
- post said items on kijiji or take to Salvation Army
- move the old couch and loveseat to their new home
- haul out the old stove
- take down the tree
- buy new curtains for our new room
- clear out our room
- do the big bedroom switch; move us upstairs; move Mikah into Lukas's room
- see about buying a new leisure pass
- take our old TV to work??? give it away???
As Alek would say, "Good Lord!" The list seems very long. Too long. But strangely I'm much more motivated now that I've gotten it all typed up. I'm sure there are things missing which I'll fill in as I go along LOL!